Thursday, October 14, 2010

one of those days

Today was just one of those days...

In the wee hours of the morning I wasn't feeling well, so I couldn't sleep.

When I finally was sleeping soundly, my son woke me up because he had an accident in his bed.

After I'd cleaned him up and put his wet sheets and PJs in the washer, I once again couldn't sleep.

I read for awhile--Daniel 3 and The Road to Reality by KP Yohannan. Boy, I thought Crazy Love was convicting. Road to Reality had me thinking way too deeply for 6 a.m.

I returned to bed, only to be woken up shortly thereafter by my hubby leaving for work.

I went back to sleep, but was woken up for good by my children who were ready for breakfast.

I switched out the laundry.

I emailed my Good Morning Girls group and read my version of the daily news--new blog posts in Google reader.

I found out I would not be able to fly back home for the kids and I to see my mom this weekend as we had been planning.

I called my mom to let her know, talked way too long, and didn't get the kids ready in time for their ice skating lessons.

I checked our family email--mortgage guy said we will not be able to bind home insurance while there is an active hurricane around, which 'might present a problem.' We will probably have to push back our closing date yet again. Sigh...but faithfully giving it over to God and His perfect timing.

Then I opened my personal email and found out I won a Bosch Universal Plus Mixer from one of my all-time favorite cooking blogs.

I literally jumped with joy.

I don't remember much else about today after that...

I'm glad that today was one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment